While writing my book, How to Get a First, I came across a lot of interesting research in the areas of psychology, sociology, and education.
Every now and then I would find such gems but since they weren’t always relevant to what I was writing I never shared them, until now.
Below is a video I put together of 43 fun insights for students to know about (1) sex, (2) alcohol, and (3) relationships.
There is also a second part to the video which looks at (4) education and (5) careers, but this will be uploaded later.
Like all research and statistics, you shouldn’t take everything at face value so check out the full list of references after the video.
The full list of all the items is given below, along with a reference to the source of the information or evidence.
1. Yes, the G-spot exists.
2. Bangor University students are the most sexually active.
3. University of Essex students are the least sexually active.
4. Economics students have the highest number of sex partners.
5. Around 50% of women fake orgasms.
6. But around 25% of guys fake it too.
7. Thinking about sex can improve analytical thinking.
8. Checking Twitter and emails can be harder to resist than sex.
9. Women orgasm 35% as often as men during one-night stands.
10. 12% of students have had a three-some.
11. 39% of students have had sex in a park.
12. 26% of students have had sex in their housemate’s bed.
13. On average, students have sex 3 times a week.
14. Guys think about sex 18 times a day.
15. And women think about sex 10 times a day.
16. Most people in the UK lost their virginity at 16.
17. The most promiscious country is…Finland.
Brief notes and summary also available here
18. The best time to have sex is between 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. (when skin sensitivity is highest.)
Best times for other things can also be found here
19. There is a 5% chance of being born with a third nipple (Lilly Allen and Mark Whalberg have one.)
20. Smoking while drinking makes beer goggles more potent.
21. Alcohol does not warm the body. It cools it.
22. Alcohol is mostly a depressant, not stimulant.
23. A bit of booze can increase creativity.
24. The oldest recipe in the world is for beer. It’s 9,000 years old.
25. All 13 minerals necessary for life can be found in alcohol.
26. Beer goggles can last up to 24 hours.
27. Louder music can make you drink more.
28. An empty beer bottle is more likely to crack your skull than one filled with beer.
29. Intelligent people tend to binge drink more.
30. Acohol is actually the most harmful drug (more so than heroine and crack!)
31. Expecting people to like you makes it more probable that they will.
32. Great relationships have 5 positives for every 1 negative.
33. Opposites dont attract, similarities do.
34. Good friends in touch at least every 2 weeks.
35. Business and Economics students lie more often than other students.
36. B*tching sessions are good for bonding.
37. Long distance relationships are often more stable than short distance relationships.
38. Women who wear make up get chatted up 6 minutes faster.
39. The best topic for a first date is travel.
40. A good social life is worth around £85,000 in satisfaction.
41. The smell of cookies and coffee can make girls more likely to give out their number.
42. High self-esteem helps guys score but for girls….it doesn’t help as much.
43. 23% percent of students have ended a relationships via text.